Prior to entry, please review the following general guidelines and terms for the Grace Awards.
WHO CAN ENTER?
DESIGN CATEGORY: Individual designers and decorators who design window fashions, along with designers who act as their own workroom.
ARTISAN CATEGORY: Workrooms and individuals who create window fashions. Entries must be submitted by the workroom or a person in the business of making window fashions, not by a designer on behalf of a workroom.
WHAT DESIGNS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE?
Window fashions that have been previously published in Window Fashion VISION or any other trade or consumer magazines. Any projects featured in brochures or other collateral material are not eligible for these competitions.
There is a $50 nonrefundable fee per entry. MAXIMUM of four entries.
MAY I SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE ENTRY?
Yes, but you may not submit the same design in multiple categories. One person may enter up to four projects, but the same project will not be considered for multiple categories or for both the Design Competition and the Artisan Competition.
HOW DO I CHOOSE WHICH CATEGORY/CATEGORIES TO ENTER?
It is necessary to determine which category/categories and competition(s) to enter before beginning the online submission process. Read through the category descriptions to select those most fitting for your entry/entries.
HOW ARE THE COMPETITIONS JUDGED?
Entries will be reviewed anonymously by a panel of judges. The judges are design-industry professionals with significant design and/or workroom experience, who will rate the projects through both the photographs and the project description. They will consider and rate the cohesiveness of design elements, aesthetics, workmanship, and attention to detail.
Submit high-quality, preferably professional photography. Remember, these could be published in VISION magazine!
Whole room and detail shots are encouraged.
Submit a statement about WHY THIS PROJECT IS A WINNING TREATMENT!
WHAT AWARDS ARE GIVEN?
First-place awards will be elected for each category. All entries are eligible for the Award of Excellence and the top awards for Design and Artisan of the Year.
WHAT DO YOU WIN?
All participants are invited to attend the awards gala at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in Grapevine, TX (Grapevine Ballroom C, located at 1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 7605)
All winners will be interviewed and published in Window Fashion VISION magazine and posted on wf-vision.com.
All winners will receive an Exhibit Hall pass for IWCE 2025.
Winners of the Award of Excellence will receive a full design pass to IWCE 2025 and $1,000 to use as an education scholarship for classes and seminars at the following year's IWCE conference and/or for WFCP certification. Winners of this scholarship will have 12 months to redeem their prize.
Additionally, all winners will receive two free print copies of VISION magazine that their winning projects are featured in.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY ENTRY AFTER THE COMPETITION?
All submission materials become the property of Window Fashion VISION magazine and cannot be returned. Window Fashion VISION reserves the right to publish any entry in its print or web publications. Copyrighted photography is ineligible. Photographers must give Window Fashion VISION the right to publish the images and to use the work in its print or web publications.
Window Fashion VISION reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not conform to the terms of the 2024 The Grace Awards.
THE GRACE AWARDS SUBMISSION PROCESS
1. You must determine which category/categories to enter before beginning the online submission process. Read the category and competition descriptions to select the most fitting category(s) for your entry/entries. Entries into the competition must be completed and installed (if applicable) no more than 24 months prior to the entry deadline date.
2. Gather high-quality digital images of design(s). High-resolution versions of digital images are required in jpg format.
You must submit a minimum of two photos and a maximum of five photos.
At least one image should be a close-up highlighting significant treatment detail.
Other images must show the entire treatment in a room setting.
Photos must be high-resolution images; 300 dpi (2700 x 3450 pixels).
3. Photos must be of professional quality. Photos with inadequate lighting, focus, etc. cannot be considered. All photographs must be your property and not copyrighted. By submitting photos to Vision magazine, you are granting permission for usage in future issues of the magazine, on wf-vision.com or in other VISION and IWCE promotional material.
4. Prepare your winning window fashion statement. This statement is critical to the success of your entry and will be reviewed by the judges. You will need one statement per submission. Prepare your statement in a Word document to be copied and pasted into the Entry Form. Refer to the category descriptions for aspects of the project to address in your statement.
5. Answer the question, “Why is this a winning project" This can include: the inspiration behind the project, specific client needs, the challenges faced and how they were overcome, as well as specific details as outlined in each category description. For example, if a treatment is motorized, describe the type of motorization and how it was incorporated into the design. Be passionate in your answer!
**You may be asked for more detailed information if you are a winner.
Thank you for your participation and best of luck!
Got questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org